Creating a Community of Leaders
Mass Lib is committed to creating training spaces that increase the organizing capacity of grassroots organizations on the frontline of Abolition and Black Liberation. This year we are reintroducing the Summer of Leadership Development training to a select set of Mass Lib fam staff. This training is designed for lead organizers who are responsible for campaigns, base building, and leadership development of other staff or organizational members. In the rhythm of structured organizing, summer is the time when our organizations take to the streets, launch new campaigns and measure our power and impact in the community. We are offering Summer of Leadership Development Training to equip lead organizers to hold a robust summer season of public facing action and organizational growth.
- Somatics: A healing methodology that utilizes body based practices to create more awareness in our soma for the sake of our individual and collective liberation. We use somatics in this training as a tool for reflecting on our own leadership and exploring ways to deepen our capacity to be in community and support the development of others.
- Cycles of Structured Organizing: Understanding and identifying the rhythm of organizing
- Power Building Fundamentals: The purpose of community leadership and strategic targeting for issue campaigns.
- Work Plan Development: The creation and refinement of intentional, individualized action plans for base building.
- Relational Organizing & Leadership Development: The strategic process of identifying and developing leaders to strengthen institutional capacity and grow our collective power.
- Effective Meetings: Developing skills to bring more life and energy to planning, events and actions.
- Research & Action Planning: Developing skills for information sourcing and bringing more energy and efficiency to our planning, events and actions.
- Accountability: Creating a culture of support, follow up and follow through.
Jun 12, 2023
Jun 16, 2023